Tuesday 7 January 2014

All time favourite ads..

Hello everyone!
 
I've realised I've written a few blog posts about adverts.. but I've never written a post about my all time favourite adverts, and the kind of adverts I would love to help make some day. So here it goes.. my top six television ads of all time!
 
#6
So of course my countdown wouldn't be complete without a Disney advert! This one ran in 2011 and featured home videos sent in by real families revealing to their kids that they are going to Disneyland! I think what makes this advert so special is that the videos are so real and so relatable.. I can still recall the moment my mum told me I was going to Disneyland.. (and yes, I may have shed a tear or two). I also love the tagline at the end "the magic begins the moment you tell them.. when will you tell them?". I get shivers just thinking about it!
 
#5
Number 5 is this classic Sony Bravia TV ad, I think a lot of people remember this one, and I know whenever I hear the soundtrack it immediately triggers the ad in my head.
 
#4
Ah, a Christmas advert! TV wouldn't be the same without them! Number 4 is the John Lewis ad from 2011 featuring the young boy who can't wait for Christmas. But the heartwarming twist at the end of the ad is what makes it, just when we think he's waiting to get his presents.. we realise the only reason he couldn't wait was to give his gift! Not receive it. Check it out for yourself!
 
#3

 
Number three is my current favourite ad on the TV, British Airways holidays, because nothing makes me happier than holiday adverts on the TV! This ad follows a couple as they experience holidays all around the world, both action packed and relaxing. If you didn't want to book a holiday after watching this then you have no soul.
 
 
#2
Number two in the countdown is this adorable vodafone ad! It follows a couple from their very first kiss to their very last kiss, symbolising the reliable and long lasting service of Vodafone. Possibly one of the cutest adverts ever?
 
#1 DRUM ROLL PLEASE......

Again this advert ran in 2011 (this surely must have been the year of great ads!), and the music, the words, the idea behind it, this advert strangely enough brings a tear to my eye, and for years - and probably many more years to come - will be my all time favourite ad. I definitely recommend you give this one a watch. If I can make anything nearly as good as this one day.. I'll be pretty happy.
 
Until next time guys,
Stay Magical
Nikki x

No comments:

Post a Comment