Saturday 21 September 2013

Disney, talent and inspiration!

Hello everyone!


So yesterday, as I was browsing YouTube (as I do on a daily basis), I was enjoying one of Tyler Oakley's (he is just wonderful, please go check him out if you haven't already!) videos, I stumbled upon Sawyer Hartman. For those of you who don't know (much like me until yesterday), he is an actor/film maker, and a very talented one at that! You should definitely take a minute or two to check out some of his amazing videos, especially his "thru my eyes" selection. But anyway, I just happened to click on his "Disneyland thru my eyes" video, and for reasons I cannot even explain, I was left in a daze, I was just fascinated by it! The music, the use of editing, and camera effects! It genuinely was one of the coolest videos I have ever come across on YouTube! And all I could think was what a great advert it would be!

*now for those of you who don't know already, my dream is to work for Disney. (for the rest of my life - seen as technically I already do work for them! And I wouldn't change that for the world!) Ultimately my dream is to become an Imaginer, however I know this is one of the most difficult jobs to get into, probably ever, as you do have to be extremely talented! But I will put everything I have into achieving that dream! Thus, I do have a more realistic job goal! I would lovelovelove to work in advertising for Disney! (Hence my degree in Media ofcourse!)*

So now that you understand what I want to do, and what I witnessed before me on the wonderful world of YouTube, I have been truly inspired to work harder than ever towards achieving my job as a Disney advertiser! It just left ideas running around in my head, and the massive urge to spend money on an expensive camera and go out and film! (However, as we all know, I cannot afford this, as I do have a rather nasty habbit of spending my money on things I do not need! And not to mention the possibility of having to save up to stay in Florida next summer!) But for now, I do have my rather armature flip camera,which for now I shall use to go out and practise! And if I happen to actually produce anything even remotely promising, I will be sure to attempt to edit it together and share it with you guys!

In the mean time, my greater ideas shall just have to stay bouncing around in my head until I have the right equipment, set up (and talent!) to grow them!  But hey, all it takes is faith and trust! And a little bit of pixie dust!

So on that final note, I shall leave the link to my inspiration for this post and ever more so for my future ahead! Sawyers video! Please be inspired..

Sawyer's Dubstep Disney Video!


Until next time guys,
Stay magical!
Nikki x

No comments:

Post a Comment