Tuesday 1 October 2013

The Little Things..

Hello Everyone!
 
Is it just me or are the smallest most simple moments in life the best ones?
I don't know about you, but when I'm feeling pretty run down, or worried about anything I always find that the best remedy is just to spend an evening having a little 'me time' I guess you could say. My ideal is just to relax on my bed with new crisp, fresh bed sheets, a nice candle lit (personally my favourite at the moment is Yankee's "Fireside Treats", which pretty much just smells of toasted marshmallows! Yum!) fairy lights on beside your bed, and some chill out music! (For which I would definitely recommend a bit of Demi Lovato! For those of you who don't know she is like my ultimate in  girl crush! I genuinely think she has a stunning voice and is absolutely beautiful and a massive inspiration to me, but anyway enough fan girling!) In fact I will leave below my recommendations for songs to chillout to/inspire/provoke thought. *
There's just something so calming about night and it's in moments like these that I feel nothing short of inspired to go out and just do something! Chase all my dreams! I usually like to sit with a bit of pen and paper beside me, and even when I find myself struggling to actually put anything on the sheet of paper, I often just think to myself how I can make anything of that blank sheet of paper that I want to, I'm one of these great believers that thinks you can do anything if you just set your mind to it and work hard enough to get it. If you want something badly enough who's to say you can't have it? You will find away you just need to find the motivation to go out and grab it right?
So to sum up this post, I just want all my readers to feel inspired to do something they have always wanted to do! Whether it's something as small as perhaps starting a blog? Or something as big as to go out and make a difference in the world! I want you to go out and grab it! And if your struggling to find the motivation? Just do what I do, light a candle, switch on some fairy lights, grab a pen and paper and get into bed.. Go ahead.. That blank sheet of paper right there.. it can become anything you want it to be!
 
*song recommendations
Demi Lovato - Skyscraper and Catch Me
Ellie  Goulding - The Writer
Rudimental - Alien Bashment (this one is definitely a bit different, but give it a chance!)
From the Brave soundtrack (for all you proud Scottish Disney fans out there!) Touch The Sky and Learn Me Right (this one has Mumford and Sons and Birdie - truly beautiful!)
And finally, Chris Malinchak - So Good To Me (I have absolutely no idea why, but this one just makes me think of being in America in the sun! Ah some day!)
 
 
 
Did I inspire you?..
Until next time keep smiling and
Stay Magical!
Nikki x

No comments:

Post a Comment