Wednesday 16 October 2013

Where would we be?

Hello Everyone!

So I've found myself browsing YouTube videos featuring "the friendship tag" and "the best friend tag" lately and it got me thinking.. where in the hell would we be without our best friends?
I think the answer is we wouldn't.. because as cheesy as it sounds I think our friends are those who shape us and help us be the people we are today. They help us decide what paths to take, and make every second of our sometimes miserable lives a hell of a lot more bearable..
I mean, who else would find it acceptable for you to be so weird around them?

Just take a second, to imagine life without your best friend? Because I genuinely do not think my life would be worth living. I would have no one to tell everything to.. Good and bad. How much they mean to me, what's bothering me, and all my little guilty pleasures..

Do you ever just take a moment out of your day to reflect on the life you've had with some of your best friends? Think about all the little private jokes and "sayings" you have together? Do you ever just browse through the photos of all the magical times you've had together? Just imagine how frustrating it would be if all those photos were to disappear?

And another incredible thing is how your best friends can turn up in the most unexpected places at any time. For example, my best friend in the entire world, Elaine, I've known her since I was 10 or 11 years old, in fact she used to live just 2 minutes from my house. Yet we haven't always had the friendship we have today. In fact we never even used to talk, instead I'd just sit from afar and be jealous of her, and think to myself how much I wished she was my best friend. (She laughs about this now..)Yet today, she's one of the most important people in my life next to my family.
Victoria, I've been friends with since I started secondary school at 11 or 12, yet we lost touch after she left school and we didn't talk for the best of 2 or 3 years, yet the second we got in touch again and met up, it was as if no time had passed at all and we literally just picked up where we left off.
And Sian, I've only known her for just over a year now, but I genuinely feel like I've known her most of my life and I already feel like I could trust her with anything!

And isn't it incredible how similar our best friends are to us!? Sometimes I wonder if they are just us, but in another form, sent to us to complete our lives! I genuinely believe no friends turn up coincidently, I think friendship is fate, a path already carved, two people destined to meet one way or another. For example, me and Elaine are pretty hard to tell apart sometimes! In fact sometimes I think the only thing that separates us is that she's the much better looking one! Victoria and I have a love for Disney like no other, and I believe this makes us such a perfect match for each other sometimes despite our differences in music taste! And Sian.. we have the same hairdryer, set of drawers, sometimes I wonder if we lead the same lives just with slightly different people in them!

But the point I'm trying to make is this, if you have a best friend, don't take them for granted, don't let them go, keep them close to you, because they ARE there for a reason, and they WILL make your life a wonderful adventure! Think about it like this, say you are a tree, and your friends are your leaves, when they fall, you just look bare and dead. (That was a terrible metaphor I know! apologies). So to sum this up I would just like to let my three best friends know how much they mean to me! I love you all, and thank you for making my life so magical!

“Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years.”
― Richard Bach

Until next time,
Stay Magical!
Nikki x

No comments:

Post a Comment