Wednesday 2 April 2014

serenity..

Hello Everyone!
serenity
sɪˈrɛnɪti/
noun
noun: serenity
  1. 1.
    the state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled.
    "an oasis of serenity amidst the bustling city"



Recently I've been doing a lot of thinking.. What really is serenity? Although google provides one clear definition of serentity, I believe we all carry our own perceptions of the word.
Is it a feeling? Or is it a state of mind? Or is it just that one place that we love to be to relax? I know for me I feel the most serene in my room, at night, with the lights out, silence everywhere, with just the sound of my favourite acoustic tracks. Candles burning around me, with the only source of light from my fairy lights draped around my bed. And recently (judge me if you will) I made an impulsive purchase on two items, which funnily enough have tied it all together, a canopy which hangs above my bed and a dreamcatcher which I have placed right in the middle of it all. When I'm sat in my haven, with a cup of warm tea, I feel like all negativity just leaves. And it always without a shadow of doubt motivates me to lie down and write. And funnily enough here I am. So in a sense, to me, serenity is more of a place of comfort, but not just physically, I guess emotionally too. I feel like everyone should have a place like this, a place where however difficult or stressed things get they know they can seek comfort and a sense of freedom and fearlessness.
For a while, I was having trouble sleeping, and I was waking up constantly from crazy weird dreams, but ever since I've put up my canopy and dreamcatcher, I wake up feeling almost like nothing will touch me. Its like having a wall of serenity around my bed.
I guess the point I'm trying to make, is that serenity, however desired, and however far away it may seem, is maybe something that's missed if over thought too much, maybe you can find it in the simplest of places?
 
What does serenity mean to you? And where do you feel it? Maybe we all need to take a serene moment or two for ourselves every now and then and just appreciate the simple moments when practically nothing can make us feel so calm and untouchable.
 
Until next time guys,
Stay Magical
Nikki x
 Last minute side note: I'd like to apologise fot not posting anything in forever! I've been pretty busy with deadlines lately! I'll be sure to start posting on a regular basis again though.. because I know you all missed me tons! ;)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment